Instructions to authors
After acceptance of an Abstract, authors will be requested to provide the full paper. Full papers are to be received by 11th of May 2018.
Please take note of the UPEC 2018 Paper Template regarding format/fonts/length before submitting your full paper. The maximum length of the full papers for UPEC 2018 will be six pages. It should be noted that only electronically submitted Papers can be considered.
All accepted papers will require the presenting author to register and attend UPEC 2018. Papers accepted and presented in UPEC 2018 will be published in the conference proceedings. Conference content will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
Please note that a maximum of 2 papers can be presented at the conference by any participant.
English will be used for all printed material as well as for presentations and discussions.
FULL PAPER UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS
- Login to your account in CMT and go to the Author Console; https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/UPEC2018/
- Choose Edit your submission and Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- If you have already uploaded an Abstract file, please remove it.
- Upload your Full Paper as a PDF using the ‘File upload’ facility and Save Changes.
Note: Authors need to check their submission from the author console as the CMT does not acknowledge the submission. Authors are able to check and edit submitted files up until the full paper submission deadline.
Instructions for Authors to submit a properly formatted PDF version of the paper to CMT:
Before Creating a PDF
Select and add the IEEE copyright notice to the bottom of the first page of your source document, according to the following (if copy and paste please do not use bold typing):
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-2910-9/18/$31.00 ©2018 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-2910-9/18/$31.00©2018 European Union
- For all other papers the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-2910-9/18/$31.00 ©2018 IEEE
Proofread your source document thoroughly to confirm that it will require no revision according to any reviewer comments.
Creating your PDF using the IEEE PDFeXpress tool:
You must use the IEEE’s PDF eXpress validator to check compliance of your manuscript.
Log in to the IEEE PDF eXpressTM site
First-time users should do the following:
- Click on “New Users- Click here”
- Enter the following:
- Conference ID: 41824
- Your email address.
- Choose a password.
- Continue to enter information as prompted.
An Online confirmation will be displayed and an email confirmation will be sent verifying your account setup.
Previous users of PDF eXpress need to follow the above steps, but should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
Select Create new title and follow the procedure by submitting the title of your paper and uploading the paper file.
Note that acceptable forms for uploading are Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, Rich Text Format, Freelance, (La)TeX, PageMaker (images should not be embedded, included with main file in a compressed archive), FrameMaker, Word Pro, Quark (*.qxd and images files must be included in a compressed archive), Postscript files. As a general rule pdf files are not accepted. For more information consult the relevant links in PDF eXpress site.
When your pdf file has been successfully created you will receive it as attachment in an e-mail in the email address you provided.
The validation step does not enter your final paper into CMT; so do not stop once you have a validated file.
This pdf file has to be submitted in your UPEC2018 CMT account.
Upload Validated PDF File in CMT:
After validating with PDF eXpress, login to your UPEC 2018 CMT account at https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/UPEC2018/ and submit the validated camera ready paper.
For any other issues, please consult the help provided in the PDF eXpress site and do not contact the UPEC 2017 Conference committees.
If no authors attend the conference to present their work, the paper will be withdrawn from the proceedings and from IEEE Xplore.